If you’ve put energy into growing your business’ online presence, there’s no way you haven’t worked on your website’s SEO. Just when you were getting comfortable, a more specific type of SEO has rapidly gained in popularity:
This is the process of optimizing your website so that you can gain higher local search rankings. It sounds like yet another overwhelming digital discipline to master, but if your business has a physical location that relies on foot traffic (meaning NOT an ecommerce company), the benefits you can reap from creating and claiming local listings are worth it!
Consider a few of the perks:
- Long-term traffic - Local listings bring traffic long after they’ve been created. This means that as long as you keep your information up to date and consistent across the web, you’ll never have to worry about not being seen.
- Better qualified traffic - Marketing to the right audience is important for the success of local businesses. Well, people searching locally are more likely to buy locally. If consumers can find your business when they searching from their home, the chances that they will find your business and convert to a customer increases.
- Cost savings on advertising - What’s better than free advertising? Free advertising that brings your business leads. Most popular online local listings are free and are constantly finding ways to make it easier to get listed. For instance, Google just added a Trusted Verifier program that will make the process of getting your free local listing posted quicker than ever.
- Mobile Friendly - Mobile users rely on local listings to make quick decisions when on the go. If your business is on the local radar online and optimized for local search, driving leads to your business becomes effortless.
- Increased credibility - Having your business information appear on local listing searches gives your business that much more credibility to the buyer. In the example below, it is likely that someone looking up “auto repair near me” will go to a place listed here on Google’s local listing search than somewhere that does not.
So, the answer to our earlier question is: yes, it absolutely is worth it. It’s free, easy, and makes you money. So get out there and claim or create listings for your business! If you need a place to start, check out Why You Can’t Ignore Local SEO and watch your website traffic and physical traffic skyrocket.